Rotate all loose cushions frequently to assure even wear. Vacuum dust & dirt from all fabric, cracks & crevasses. By far, Fabric Protection is the best possible way to extend the life of your upholstery. Read the short section on how fabric protection works to find out why.
- Vacuum often to reduce grit that can cause abrasion.
- Reverse loose cushions weekly for even wear.
- Protect from the sun. Ultraviolet light can cause deterioration.
- Keep Pets off of furniture. Pet’s body oils rub off and are very difficult to remove.
- Use caution with clothing such as Blue Jeans. Fabric dyes can transfer onto upholstered furniture.
All upholstered furniture will become soiled through use. Most spills & soil on fabric protection treated upholstery will clean easily and quickly provided that the proper cleaning procedures are followed. A fabric protection application is not an absolute impenetrable barrier and improper cleaning methods can damage both the fabric and the treatment.
- Blot (don’t rub) spills immediately with a clean absorbent cloth while spill is still fresh. Dried spills are more difficult to remove.
- Identify the cleaning code for your type of fabric. This is very important to determine the type of cleaner to use.
- Always read & follow the instructions on the cleaning agent.
- Use distilled water with the cleaning agent if water is called for (W & WS Codes Only)
- Pretest any cleaner on any fabric in a hidden area. Check for Color fastness and fabric compatibility.
- Keep a small spill small. Work lightly, blotting from center to the edges. “Feather” the edges by dampening edges irregularly and blotting quickly to avoid rings.
- Quickly dry a cleaned spot using a small fan or blow dryer on low.
W Spot Clean with water based shampoo or foam upholstery cleaner. Pretest for color loss and fabric compatibility. Do not overwet. Use a professional cleaning service for overall soiling.
S Spot clean with a water-free cleaning solvent. Pretest for color loss and fabric compatibility. Do Not Use Water! Use a professional cleaning service for overall soiling.
WS Spot clean with upholstery shampoo, foam from a mild detergent, or a mild dry cleaning solvent. Pretest for color loss and fabric compatibility. Do not overwet. Use a professional cleaning service for overall soiling.
X Clean only by vacuuming or light brushing with a non-metallic brush. Do Not Use Water or Dry Cleaning Solvents. Consult a professional upholstery cleaner.
- Last Longer
- Look Better longer
- Clean easier:
The fabric protection treatment is a spray applied to all surfaces of the upholstered item. The application “wicks” into the fibers of the fabric creating a protective barrier against soil and stains.
Fabric Protection Treatment
- Has no smell & is non-allergenic
- Does not change the look of the fabric
- Does not change the feel of the fabric
Not only does a fabric protection treatment create a barrier against stains and spills, it has been shown to provide a barrier against the dirt and dust particles that cause excess abrasion and can cause premature fabric wear.